Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wedding Cake


This was our first wedding cake and I was so honored to make it.  This was for one of my close friends at work, they are getting married in Savannah this weekend at this gorgeous bed and breakfast overlooking a romantic park. They are such a precious couple who just adore each other, I am so happy for them.  
It took trial and error to get the cake color to be the perfect shade of champagne, but I finally did it.  I used 20 part ivory and 1/2 part black.  I also had never attempted fondant draping until now, but it really wasn't too difficult.  You cut your fondant in a rectangle, this was about 10 x 5 inches.  I cut one edge diagonally, then I used 4 wooden skewers and laid the fondant on top to create the ripples.  After it set for a few minutes then I lifted it and pinched the edges a little, then glued to the cake with water.  I was so proud of this cake, it was so incredibly beautiful and the couple loved it.
It was such a blessing because this cake only took a total of 3 days, which was a record for us since we only get to work on cakes after I put my daughter down for bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background