Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake





This cake I made tonight for a friend at work who is getting married next week.   I am so honored because I am actually making their wedding cake for their nuptials in Savannah and then two weeks later I'm making their reception cake. They are such a sweet couple and I am so honored to make their wedding and reception cakes.

This cake is the standard chocolate cake, but the filling is peanut butter mousse and then covered in chocolate buttercream. Around the bottom edge I cut Reese's in half and the top is covered in milk chocolate curls.   I've been working on this cake for a while this evening and I was so exhausted from such a busy day and week.  The very last thing I did was make the chocolate curls, which is a time consuming process.  I was just praying that they would turn out good, because if the chocolate gets too cold it will crack and not curl.  If the chocolate gets too hot, then it will just be a straight line of chocolate.  Well God gave me a little surprise tonight because the chocolate curls I made turned out perfectly, not just most of them, but every single curl was picture perfect.  The whole time I couldn't help but smile and thank Him because He is so good!  He even cares about my puney, insignificant, little chocolate curls.  This week has been emotionally draining and tonight He showed me that if He cares to make my chocolate curls perfect, how much more does He care about me! The Holy Spirit gave me peace and comfort tonight, He brought my memory back to His Word, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.  How difficult is it sometimes to "lean not on my understanding" or my hopes and dreams.  I want to be completely and utterly immersed in His will and I know ultimately His Will will be accomplished.  But do you ever wonder if we may have missed out on any blessings in life because we tried so hard to hold the reins on our future?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background