Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Strawberry Cake



My dad loves strawberries so for his birthday I made him a strawberry cake.  For some reason this is the one flavor I have never attempted, but I found a recipe online at cakecentral.com and it turned out fabulous!  I iced it with cream cheese icing and then made white chocolate curls to top it off.  It turned out to be so beautiful I was so proud.  It brought me so much joy to know that my dad loved his cake, especially since he doesn't have a sweet tooth like I do.

The Best Ever Strawberry Cake Recipe:



1 box (18.25 oz.) Duncan Hines Classic White Cake mix
1 box (3oz.) Strawberry gelatin
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. water
4 eggs
1/2 pt. frozen whole strawberries, thawed

Instructions

    Preheat oven to 350. Combine cake mix and gelatin together until mixed well. Add oil, water, and eggs and mix on low for low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. While mixture is beating, puree thawed strawberries in a blender (if you don’t have a blender just mash them really well). Combine strawberries and cake batter on low speed until strawberries are incorporated. Pour into greased/floured cake pans. Turn oven down to 325. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
Cream Cheese Icing Recipe: 


  • 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
  • 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix all together using electric mixer, refrigerate to make icing stiffer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Background