Thursday, May 21, 2009

30th Birthday


My new favorite cake... In case you were wondering...yes, the golf figure it eatable. My mom and I had so much fun making this cake. I've never made a fondant figure, so it was very interesting making this little guy. Thankfully youtube had a great tutorial for me, however making the clothes for him was not as easy as it looks on Ace of Cakes. I actually had to make him twice because the first one I made kept falling apart; however it was nice to have an accidental trial run. It was super easy cutting out the cake shapes. I just printed out a big 3 and 0 on computer paper and then cut it out. It was so easy to cut the cake after we placed the cutouts on top of the cake. Then just covered in buttercream and fondant, then started to decorate. This was made for my boss at work; he and all of my colleagues loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background