Friday, February 20, 2009

Star Wars Birthday Cake and Light Saber Cupcakes




This cake was one of the most fun, so far. This was made for a special 8th birthday for my friend's son. He loves star wars and wanted a storm trooper cake. My mom and I found a picture of the storm trooper mask and went off of it for the shape. Then we cut different size pieces for making the mask 2 dimensional. There is a fabulous tutorial on www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com. The cake turned out more amazing than I had hoped. This cake was made with our chocolate cake recipe with white chocolate mousse filling. The cake was covered and decorated in our homemade Marshmallow fondant. The white chocolate mousse is one of my favorites, so light and fluffy, but not weight watcher friendly :)

The cupcakes were made for his classmates. I'm sure the kids loved the eatable Light Sabers. Isn't it any little boys' dream to have an eatable Light Saber? They were made in our yummy chocolate cake recipe and the Light Sabers were crafted in fondant.

2 comments:

  1. Great job. I wish I had found the picture of your Star Trooper, I would have used it as an outline for a cake I am making my son tomorrow. You are truly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great my son wants a star wars b-day party and I love your cake and cupcakes. Would you share your cake recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Background